My research interests are: Property, Privacy & Data Protection, Internet of Things, Law and Technology, Fintech (including Blockchain) and Teaching Methods
Journal Article/Case note: A. Berlee, ‘Een vergeetrecht in openbare registers?’, NTBR 2017/28, afl. 6, pp. 193-199.
- PhD Research: Access to Personal Data in Public Land Registers
- Speaker at the first LAB (Legal Aspects Blockchain) session at Zuyd Hogeschool, on ‘From ‘smart’ contracts to registering home ownership on the blockchain?’ (19 May 2017)
- Organiser and Speaker at ‘TIP-seminar on Smart Private Law‘ on Blockchain technology and private law (18 May 2017)
- Editor Research Handbook on Data Science & Law (in progress)
- Organiser & Speaker ‘Property Law in a Globalizing World: Which Legal Strategy?’, Tilburg University, October 2016
Tilburg Institute for Private Law (TIP)
I am a fellow of the Tilburg Institute for Private law. The research of the Institute of Private Law (TIP) focuses on private law relationships in the broadest sense, with an emphasis on the position of private law in society. My specific research focuses on how financial law and insolvency law can respond to questions arising in the aftermath of the financial crisis.
You can find more about the research institute here.